- NEVER share your seed phrase / recovery phrase / backup phrase
/ 24 words / 12 words with ANYONE.
- ALWAYS purchase your hardware wallet from the official store or
- ALWAYS verify your hardware wallet's authenticity.
- ALWAYS generate your seed phrase. Hardware wallets
NEVER come with a seed phrase.
- NEVER enter or store your unencrypted seed phrase in ANY
software or online storage services.
- ALWAYS test the backup of your seed phrase.
Set up your hardware wallet and write down your newly generated seed
Connect your hardware wallet to vendor-recommended software and
write down your receiving addresses for Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Reset your hardware wallet and set it up using the seed phrase from
Repeat step 6.2 and verify receiving addresses for Bitcoin
- TEST a small amount, both deposit and send, before depositing
- Happy hodling!
Note: If you lose access to your hardware wallet,
import your existing seed phrase from step 6.1 into a new
BIP39-compatible hardware wallet
and regain control of your assets.